rfstool - ReiserFS for Windows - allows you to access ReiserFS partitions from a Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP system. Starting with version 0.6, it even allows you to access ReiserFS partitions from Linux ;). It is a complete rewrite of the ReiserFS functions needed to list directories or access files.
- This tool was developed on NT/2000. The current version has support for Windows NT, 2000, XP, as well as the 16-bit products Windows 95, 98 and ME.
- For NT/2000/XP: You need administrative privileges to run this program. Normal users will probably not have the access rights to the raw partition data.
- You need to know the drive and partition index of the ReiserFS partition you want to read. Luckily, the new version includes an autodetect feature
- Access is read-only. I do not intend to change that, at least for the time being.
- Journal data is ignored. These tools show the file structure as it is ON DISK, right now.
The code is copyright (C) 2003, 2004 by Gerson Kurz and licensed by the GPL.
The executable for Win32 can be downloaded here. Note that you do need the msvcrt.dll for it to work. The files RAWIO16.DLL and RAWIO32.DLL are used only for 95/98/ME, they are not necessary under NT/2000/XP.
The complete sourcecode can be downloaded here.
I have made an attempt at an extensive documentation of the ReiserFS file system.